Minnesota Local Movers
Moving locally can be a stressful event, but it doesn’t have to be that way. By choosing one of the local moving companies in Minneapolis, you can ensure your move is seamless and stress-free as possible. Not all local movers in Minneapolis are created equally, so be on the lookout for an experienced, reputable moving company that provides the services you need for your local move.
Local Moving Services in Minneapolis
On the surface, it might seem that a local move will be much easier than a long-distance one, but this isn’t the case when it comes to packing, loading, and unloading your household belongings. The stress surrounding a move often stems from not knowing how to properly organize your items for packing, which size boxes to use, how to correctly load a moving truck, and the best way to maneuver a moving truck through the traffic of a city like Minneapolis. Luckily, a professional mover can help take the guesswork out of your local move by handling all of these logistics for you.
- Moving consulting and planning. A moving consultant can plan out the schedule, process, and routes for you in advance to ensure the most seamless moving process.
- Packing services. Many individuals choose professional packing services, especially if the packing process is daunting or if you want added security and organization of your belongings.
- Short or long-term storage. Whether you need to store your household items for a short period of time between moves or need a longer-term solution, check to see if your preferred mover also provides storage services.
- Loading and unloading your belongings. Your movers should display an expertise in balancing a moving load and providing proper protection of your belongings.
- Unpack and arrange items. The addition of unpacking services can help you feel at home in your new place as quickly as possible.
Local Moving Tips
A professional moving company that will pack and move your belongings can ease the moving process, but if you choose to pack your items yourself, a few moving tips can help keep you organized. High-quality supplies can help with sturdy boxes, strong tape, and clear labels. Movers know that size matters when it comes to boxes, and the biggest box isn’t always the best choice. If your items are heavy, smaller boxes are best. Large, light items such as linens or towels can fit inside large boxes. When it comes to unpacking later, the best way to stay organized is to properly label your boxes as you pack them. You should label according to the room in your new home rather than the current one, and some individuals choose to color-code the labels for added efficiency. For the best access to your items, keep your boxes grouped together and out of the walking path in each room to save time on the day of your move. This will also give your movers an excellent visual for how to arrange your boxes on the truck.
Why Choose Uptown Moving?
Local moving companies in Minneapolis all have something to offer clients, but Uptown Moving has the perfect combination of experience, professionalism, and affordability that have kept it in business for more than 100 years. Every local move involves a personal moving consultant to guide you through the process from start to finish. Their movers are always friendly, well-trained, and qualified to make sure you feel comfortable on the day of your move. Contact Uptown Moving today for an estimate and feel secure that your belongings will be treated with the best care and consideration in the business.
We have the full package:
- Affordable Prices
- Storage Facilities
- Qualified and Friendly Staff